Curriculum Vitae Laurence D. Lieb
Laurence D. Lieb, CCPA, COSFE, CBE, LCE, FEXE
Managing Director of Forensics
HAYSTACKID, Chicago, Illinois
Michigan Private Investigator License #3701207106
Systems: Windows, Windows Servers, Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, Linux, OS X, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry
Software: Axiom, OSForensics, The Sleuth Kit, FTK Imager, Guymager, ProofFinder, Forensic Explorer, TZWorks, Kali, DEFT, Paladin, Cellebrite, MOBILedit Forensic Express, BlackLight, Compelson Camera Balistics, Aid4Mail
I have been offered as an expert witness and testified at hearing, or by affidavit or declaration in the following cases:
- Sworn testimony provided April 15th, 2016 in a matter captioned, Stacey Verhil v. Frank Marchese. Case No. 14-03159-DM. Kent County Courthouse, Grand Rapids Michigan. Hired by Plaintiff’s counsel Tara Velting of Garan Lucow Miller P.C. Designated as an expert by the Honorable Judge Kathleen A. Feeney.
- Sworn testimony provided August 7th, 2015 in a matter captioned, Stacey Verhil v. Frank Marchese. Case No. 14-03159-DM. Kent County Courthouse, Grand Rapids Michigan. Hired by Plaintiff’s counsel Tara Velting of Garan Lucow Miller P.C. Designated as an expert by the Honorable Judge Kathleen A. Feeney.
- Sworn testimony provided November 13th, 2014 in a matter captioned, Goken America, LLC, Plaintiff v. Naveen Kumar Bandepalya, Cresttek, LLC, & American Hydrostatics Distribution, Inc. Defendants. 12:14CV1445 U.S. District Court, S.D. of Ohio, Eastern District. Hired by Defendants’ counsel Frederick D. Elias of Ellias & Elias, P.C.
- Sworn testimony provided July 11, 2013 in a matter captioned, Samson Lift Technologies, LLC versus JERR-DANN Corporation, a/k/a JERRDANN Corporation and Oshkosh Corporation, Index Number 653586/2011, New York County Supreme Court. Hired by Defendant’s Counsel Daniel T. Flaherty, Esq., Godfrey & Kahn
- James W. Flinchbaugh v. Lean Learning Center Inc. and William Artzberger, Angelo J. Carlino and James Flinchbaugh Counter Defendants. State of Michigan, Circuit Court County of Oakland Michigan. Case No. 2016-151196-CB. Judge James M. Alexander. Hired by Brian H. Rolfe (P52680) Kemp Klein Law Firm.
- Melisa Mays et. al. Class Action v. Governer Rick Snyder, City of Flint et. al., United States District Court, East District of Michigan 2:15-cv-14002-JCO-MKM. Hired by Michael L. Pitt (P24429),Pitt McGehee Palmer & Rivers, PC.
- PCM, Inc. v. B2B Computer Products, LLC d/b/a ITsavvy. Hired by Katie M. Connolly, Nilan Johnson Lewis
- Constance Bryant v. Moh¬ammad Benammar et. al., Court No. 15 L 394, Claim N. 63CBLG14003111. Hired by Anam Rodrguez, Shams, Rodgriguez & Mozwecz, P.C.
- The Primadonna Company, LLC v. The Westmark Group, Inc. District Court Clark County Nevada Case No. A-15-722892-B Dept. XIII. Hired by Jeremy R. Kilber (10643), Weil Drage
- Robert L. Drummond v. Hartford Fire Insurance Company. S. District Court District of Connecticut. Civil N. 3:14-cv-0183-AWT. Hired by Jason T. Brown, JTB Law Group, LLC
- Sylvia Magdeleno v Rico Enterprises, Inc. S. District Court District of Arizona Case No. 2:15-cv-00364-SRB. Hired by Karen L. Karr (014501) Clark Hill PLC
- Senderra Rx Partners, LLC v. Denay R. Loftin and Elizabeth Naylor. S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan Southern Division. Case No. 2:15-cv-13761-AC-RSW. Magistrate R. Steven Whalen. Hired by Paul A. Wilhelm Clark Hill PLC.
- Vulpina, LLC v Randy K. Dzierzawski and Kimberly Dzierzawski. S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District Michigan. Case No. 13-47986-tjt. Chapter 7 Hon. Thomas J. Tucker. Hired by Michael Turco, Brooks, Wilkins, Sharkey & Turco PLLC
- Laura Sacha-Staskiewicz v. Metropolitan Health Corporation and Micahel Faas. State of Michigan Circuit Court for the County of Kent. Case No. 15-02809-CKB. Christopher P. Yates. Hired by Jason Thompson, Sommers Schwartz P.C.
- Jeanne L. Fox v The Michigan Department of Technology Management and Budget, et. al. State of Michigan. Case No.: 14-857-CD Circuit Court County of Ingham. Hired by Aaron L. Davis (P77406) Fraser Trebilcock Davis & Dunlap, P.C.
- Sierra Development Co. d/b/a Club Cal Neva. v. Chartwell Advisory Group, Ltd. S. District Court District of Nevada. Case No. 3:13-cv-00602-RFB-VPC. Hired by Scott L. Hernandez Robison, Belaustegui, Sharp & Low.
- IPOX Schuster, LLC v. Nikko Asset Management Co. Ltd. And Lazard Asset Management LLC. S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Eastern Division Civil Action No. 15C9955. Hired by Aaron Charfoos of Dykema Gosset PPLC
- Weatherford International, LLC v. Michael McKeachnie et al. S. District Court District of Colorado Case No. 1:15-cv-01320-MSK-KLM. Hired by Christopher D. Kratovil Dykema Gossett PLLC
- In re Country Stone Holdings, Inc. Debtor. U.S. Bankruptcy Court Case No. 14-81854. Hired by Dante Stella Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Mike Kidd v. Krave Group, LLC et al. S. District Court Northern District of Texas Fort Worth Division Case 4:15-cv-00679-Y. Hired by James C. Gordon Gordon & Sykes, LLP
- In the Matter of Trinity Capital Corporation (D-3320), Securities and Exchange Commission, Denver Regional Office. Hired by Edward F. Malone, Esq. of Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP. Case No.: 14-857-C James S. Jamo
- Rachel Edelshteyn v. Stephen Calabrese, 15OP70020. Hired by Liz Ptacek Supervising Attorney – Advocacy, Domestic Violence Legal Clinic, State of Illinois, Circuit Court of Cook County, Domestic Violence Courthouse.
- Elizangela Bonifacio v. Gerardo Madrigal, 14OP76018, Hired by Liz Ptacek Supervising Attorney – Advocacy, Domestic Violence Legal Clinic, State of Illinois, Circuit Court of Cook County, Domestic Violence Courthouse.
- Tina Atkinson, Grace Bonnie, Jessica Frazier, Florence Gianforte, Richard Hall, Rachel Marshall, Shelly Primus, and Karen Stout vs. Teletech Holdings, Inc., Teletech@home,Inc., and Kenneth Tuchman, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, Civ. No. 3:14-cv-00253-WHR. Hired by Matthew L. Turner, Esq., Sommers Schwartz, P.C.
- Jasmine Lawrence, Individually and on Behalf of All Similarly Situated Individuals, v. Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc., 1:12-CV-02600-cab, United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, Cleveland Division. Hired by Jason S. Thompson, Esq., Sommes Schwartz, P.C.
- Tara A. Felty, v. Waupaca Foundry Inc. and Waupaca Foundry Inc. v. Stewart Industrial, Perry Circuit Court, State of Indiana, 62C011407-CT-344. Hired by Paul Benson, Esq., Michael Best & Friedrich.
- Tri-State Generation et al v. Mitsubishi International Corporation et al, United States District Court, District of Arizona, 3:14-cv-08115-NVW. Hired by Benjamin Subin, Esq. Holland & Knight.
- John Doe 1; John Doe 2; John Doe 3; John Doe 5; John Doe 6; John Doe 7 And Next Friend Of Minor John Doe 4, On Behalf Of Themselves And A Class Of All Others Similarly Situated, Vs. Michigan Department Of Corrections (“Mdoc”); Rick Snyder, Governor Of The State Of Michigan; Daniel H. Heyns, Director, Michigan Department Of Corrections; Thomas Finco, Deputy Director Of Mdoc Correctional Facilities Administration; Dennis Straub, Former Deputy Director Of Mdoc Correctional Facilities Administration; Randy Treacher, Chief Deputy Director Of Mdoc Correctional Facilities Administration; Willie Smith, Warden Of Carson City Correctional Facility; Heidi Washington, Warden Of Charles Egeler Reception And Guidance Center; Mary Berghuis, Warden Of Earnest C. Brooks Correctional Facility; Paul Klee, Warden Of Gus Harrison Correctional Facility;John Prelesnik, Warden Of Richard A. Handlon Correctional Facility; Cathleen Stoddard, Warden Of Richard A. Handlon Correctional Facility; Cindi S. Curtin, Warden Of Oaks Correctional Facility; David Bergh, Warden Of Thumb Correctional Facility; Jeffrey Woods, Warden Of Chippewa Correctional Facility;Robert Napel, Warden Of Marquette Branch Prison; And Kenneth Mckee, Warden Of Bellamy Creek Correctional Facility, Jointly And Severally, State Of Michigan, Circuit Court For The County Of Washtenaw. Hired By Deborah Labelle, Esq.
- Carol A. Sedges v. St. Cloud Health Care Center, Inc. et al, Superior Court of New Jersey Law Division, Essex County, ESX-L-7298-12. Hired by John D. Coyle, Esq., LeClair Ryan.
- United States of America v. Farid Fata, 2:13-mj-30484, United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan. Hired by William H. Horton, Esq., Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton, P.C.
- UPS Mail Innovations v. James Cuthbert. Circuit Court for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit, DuPage County, Illinois. Hired by Quarles and Brady.
- Huntington National Bank V. Timothy Weaver, Reneé Jerisk, Anthony Ciccarelli, Individuals,And Northpointe Bancshares, Inc. State Of Michigan Kent County Circuit Court. Hired By John M. Lichtenberg, Esq.Rhoades Mckee P.C.
- Creative Foam Corporation v. Kurt Schloemp. 2014-140875-CK. State of Michigan, Circuit Court for the County of Oakland. Hired by Willam H. Horton, Esq. Giamarco & Mullins.
- Nexteer Automotive v. Mando America Corporation. 13-021401-CK-1. State of Michigan, Circuit Court for the County of Saginaw. Hired by Willam H. Horton, Esq. Giamarco & Mullins.
- Wilshire Vermont Housing Partners LP v. Taisei Construction Corporation et al. Superior Court of the State of California, The County of Los Angeles. Hired by Thomas McNutt, Esq., Youngerman and McNutt.
- Information Technology Customer Care, Inc. v. Stores Online, Inc. 090401169. Fourth Judicial District Court, Utah County, State of Utah. Hired by Blair R. Jackson, Esq. Invictus Law Firm.
- North American Mechanical, Inc. v. Walsh Construction Company II, LLC. United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Division. Hired by Joshua Levy, Esq., Crivello Carlson.
- Asyst Tech LLC v. Eagle Eyes Traffic Inc. Co. Ltd. 2:11-cv-00381. United States District Court, for the Eastern District of Wisconsin. Hired by Daniel T. Flaherty, Godfrey and Kahn.
- Sharon Almonrode v. Sullivan Ward Asher Patton P.C. et al. 11-122425-CZ. State of Michigan, Circuit Court for the County of Oakland. Hired by Sullivan Ward Asher Patton P.C.
- Caldwell Tanks Inc. v. Hays Energy L.P. 2012-62661. 152nd Judicial Court of Harris County Texas. Hired by Jeffery B. Kaiser, Esq. Kaiser P.C.
- MPT of Hoboken TRS, LLC v. HUMC Holdco, LLC. Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware. Hired by Wallace Showman of Ajamie.
- Greg Sabanski v. Crystal Mountain Resort. 14-9904-NO. State of Michigan, Circuit Court for the County of Benzie. Hired by Scott D. Feringa, Esq. of Sullivan Ward Asher & Patton P.C.
- Kleen Products LLC et al v. Packaging Corporation of America et al. 1:10-CV-05711. United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois. Hired by Mayer Brown.
- Harold Talley and Jennifer Talley v. General Organics HC Inc. Circuit Court of Cook County Illinois, County Department, Law Division. Hired by Markel Service Incorporated.
- Maribel Torres v. Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, County Department, Law Division. Hired by Legal Assistance Foundation of Chicago.
- ESTATE OF KATHRYN E. QUINLAN, by Timothy J. Schneider, its Personal Representative;
- Plaintiff; Vs.Mark E. Prince, M.D.; And Avraham Eisbruch, M.D.In Consolidation With: Estate Of Kathryn E. Quinlan, By Timothy J. Schneider, Its Personal Representative Vs.The Regents Of The University Of Michigan, D/B/A University Of Michigan Health System And University Of Michigan Medical Center;Case No. 11-0006-Mh. 11-24-Nh. State Of Michigan, Circuit Court For The County Of Washtenaw. Hired By Dale L. Hebert, Esq. Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge, P.C.
- Miranda Jo Truitt et al, v. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. Superior Court of the State of California for The County of Los Angeles. Hired by Dean Dickie, Esq. Miller Canfield.
- Jocelyn Lewis et al v. Lebanon Public Library. 1:13-cv-0445RLY-DKL. United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana, Indianapolis Division. Hired by Kighlinger and Grey
Current – Managing Director of Forensics, HAYSTACKID, LLC
Chief Innovation Officer, Scarab Consulting
National Director, Esquire Litigation Solutions
Senior Managing Consultant, LECG
Director, RGL, Chicago
Owner, President, Elijah Technologies
DIGITAL FORENSIC CERTFICATIONS
I became a Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst (CCPA) on December 25, 2015, following coursework, research and testing.
I am a Certified OSForensics Examiner (COSFE) as of November 25, 2015, following coursework, research and testing.
I have been a Certified Blacklight Examiner (CBE) since October 20, 2015, following coursework, research and testing.
I received Lantern Certified Examiner (LCE) status on June 12, 2014, following testing and studies.
I have been a certified Forensic Explorer Examiner (FEXE) since completing the tests on September 12, 2014.
B.A. in Japanese Studies, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champagne, Champagne, IL
Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst (CCPA) training course
Certified OSForensics Examiner (COSFE) training course
Certified Blacklight Examiner (CBE) training course
Lantern Certified Examiner (LCE) training course
Magnet Forensic Internet Evidence Finder training course
Certified Forensic Explorer Examiner (FEXE) training course
I am a ranking Senior Member of ForensicFocus.com, a digital forensics and electronic discovery portal.
I am also a licensed private investigator in Michigan. My Michigan P.I. License number is #3701207106.
I was recognized as a “Champion of Justice 2016” by the Domestic Violence Legal Clinic.
I also received an award for “Volunteer of the Year 2015” from the Legal Assistance Foundation of Chicago.
I published a Continuing Legal Education class on smart-phone forensic best practices, currently accredited by bar associations in seventeen U.S. States.
I published an article containing original computer forensic research findings on Microsoft Windows 8 on www.ForensicFocus.com.
I published an article titled “Navigating the Sea of Change in eDiscovery Technology” at InsideCounsel.com, White Papers Section. August 2010.
I published an article titled “When Dealing with Electronic Discovery, Don’t Be Afraid; Just Don’t Go Alone” in Thomson Reuters EDRM Quarterly Magazine. Spring 2009.
Laurence D. Lieb, CCPA, COSFE, CBE, LCE, FEXE
Managing Director of Forensics
200 West Adams Street, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60606