Senior Forensic Consultant
HaystackID LLC is currently seeking a Senior Forensic Consultant to join our highly successful Forensics First team.
A Senior Forensic Consultant is a detail-oriented and experienced Digital Forensic Examiner, responsible for the identification, preservation, and analysis of digital evidence, and considered a senior level position within the forensics group.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage Forensic Analysts and/or Forensic Technicians.
- Acquire electronic data from computer hard drives, mobile devices, and other digital media in a forensically sound and professional manner.
- Extract digital evidence and generate reports customized to specific search warrant limitations.
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients to coordinate phone extractions.
- Create tracking and management systems to log, track, and process evidence to maintain chain of custody and to provide timely analysis.
- Ensure that clients’ requests for service and investigative needs are met in a reasonable amount of time.
- Research technical information, legal issues, and case law as it relates to digital forensics.
- Write and edit technical documentation and reports.
- Pursue appropriate certifications and receive ongoing training in computer forensics.
- Exercise respectful and professional behavior and communication with the public, judicial personnel, law enforcement personnel, and clients.
- Complete work assignments in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Attend leadership meetings and relay relevant information to the team.
- Must complete time tracking activities in a timely manner, for the purposes of billing time to a client.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience, 5+ years experience in multifaceted and fast-paced legal environment either with a corporate legal department, vendor in the litigation support industry, a law firm or a government agency.
- Strong technical experience working with desktops, laptops, servers and enterprise systems.
- An understanding of various windows-based file systems.
- Background working with smartphones.
- Background working with different levels of raid (0, 1 & 5).
- Proficient in the use of Encase, FTK, IEF and other mainstream forensic tools.
- An understanding of proper data collection techniques and documentation.
- Must have the ability to learn new tools and technologies.
- Flexibility to work on electronic discovery matters when needed.
- Ability to manage several projects at a given time under tight timelines.
- Ability to describe complex technical concepts to lawyers in simple terms.
- Ability to work with clients in a consultative approach with flexibility on collection methods used based on the goals of the case.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Must have strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be committed to achieving results under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work within a team and be flexible.
- Must be able to prepare and proofread reports.
- Minimum of five years of computer forensics and/or cyber experience.
- ENCE, CFCE or equivalent certification.
- Experience working on civil cases in a billable role.
- Testify in state and federal court, relating the evidence found during investigations to legal teams and the judge.
- Law enforcement or investigative experience.
- History of providing presentations at industry conferences and/or tradeshows.
- Computer science degree.
- Mac forensics experience.
- Linux and UNIX experience.
- Solid working knowledge of Office 365 and electronic discovery workflow.
Expect an extensive amount of travel to various sites, including all fifty states and multiple countries globally. This travel may require same-day, multi-day and multi-week assignments including the possibility of weekend assignments for the purposes of collecting from corporations, law firms, and government agencies.
- Health, dental and vision insurances
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible PTO and paid holidays
HaystackID LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.